Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

BEING ME

What do I really feel or what am I really feeling while painting or drawing?
- It depends. -  Painting with oils is different than drawing with a small pencil that has 'FLALOTTERY' written on it.
What was I feeling when I made "Helena's Florida Room" in 1984?
- I remember using a ruler because the professor told us to use rulers for that "Project One" drawing assignment. 
Did he care to notice that I was not favoring precision or super realism,  and using rulers to create fine art was a pedestrian approach ? -  Maybe I wanted to prove to myself... and to others, including the instructor, that I could make a perfect artwork with a ruler! - And it is so obvious from looking at this fine artwork that I could do it with or without a ruler!
This mixed media drawing/painting is absolutely magnificent! -- just like that young woman that produced it! 💚Me.

The following text was saved from the 
post on my site on Tumblr:     http://malgkawa.tumblr.com

HELENA’S FLORIDA ROOM a.k.a. “ Project I ”, 1984,  mixed media on paper.... created as a homework  assignment for drawing class at FIU - 
rediscovered in the old art portfolio after 25 years in the garage of my house in Sunrise, Florida.

/Malgorzata Kawashima

No comments: