Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

I ate pancakes on Sunday, in April

I took this picture before devouring this triangular
stack of pancakes made by Chef HK, who
is a master of making pancakes. I used to think
that pancakes have to be made from the box mix.
We usually had a box of pancake mix
in our pantry. It was Bisquick, and then
I saw a movie with Spencer Tracy and Katherine
Hepburn - where she wanted to be a perfect little
wife, and made him waffles from scratch---wow! -
this was definitely a big culinary revelation to me! -
I copied that movie waffle recipe and later found a pancake
recipe in some cook book. From then on I made my own
pancake mix, but not for that long... we are back buying
pancake mix again - Aunt Jemima this time. Chef HK gets
good, fluffy pancakes from the box mix every time, which can't
be said about my personal "from scratch pancake mix".
I must add here that waffles come out OK from the
homemade mix, but since I hate cleaning the waffle iron,
pancakes are ruling in our kitchen once again.
Thank you Aunt Jemima!

1 comment:

mmmmmmm said...

sweet crumpets thats a formidable desert!
please let me know what you think of my artwork...
http://www.untumsmunudmum.blogspot.com

Blog Archive