Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My New Collage is Now for Sale

"Anglaise" - Collage without Words, May 2010.
This is my first summer collage of 2010 that was created by me,
Malgorzata Kawashima -- the artist.
I might sound funny, but I don't think of myself as an artist. Artists are people who work in their studios every day making a living. And I...I don't have a studio per se. Yes, I have a space called "Art Room," but I am never there. And maybe it is so, because there is too many things there that put my mind in a state of clutter, and make me believe that I am a hoarder of some sort. Pablo Picasso (I read about it in a book) had many tables in his house that were set up with his stuff. He could sit at any of them (the tables), at any time of the day or night and start working. It is not so in my world, and maybe I would like it to be that way. And I am not the master of the Art Room: my cats are. Nevertheless, I have managed to always create something, using my patio or garden, various coffee shops or diners, cars, trains and planes -- sketching in my sketch books or on random papers, napkins, receipts and so on. To make this story short, I am presenting my collage without words. And it is for sale in my Shop on Etsy.

No comments: