Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

BEAUTIFUL AND INTRIGUING DISCOVERIES

What people see in my paintings?
- this is going to be a 'long story', or rather a 'long report'.
Today is Sunday, October 5.
This is the fifth viewer's report:

" I don't see elephant... I see a duck and I see a dachshund. And I see a Japanese flag. - Oh!... but I see 'pajacyk' 
('little clown' in Polish)... he has eyes and a mustache."*
*Hirosh's words.



 On Friday, October 3, I posted this version/cropped photo on Instagram:

Going back one day - Saturday, October 4. This is the forth viewer's report:

"I see elephant ....We always see what we want to see - I see Snoopy, elephant, clown, and the "π" (Pi) sign." *
* Nathalie's words.

And going back to October 1.
This is the third viewer's report:

" I see a duck. She is sitting down and she has beautiful feathers...and I see a wheel going somewhere. And I see a fan... one of those fans that ladies are using....She ( the duck) is sitting in a wagon... do you see the wheels? (bottom of the painting)....So pretty....That's the way I see it.... I don't see the clown, Margo.... Where do you see the clown? - Show me."*
* Ana Marie's words.

Going back to Monday, September 29.
This is when it all started; the two 7-year-old children were curious about the paintings on easels at the art studio.
This is the first and the second viewer's report ( they spoke at the same time):

"This is like words in Chinese ( top of painting)....It's a clown holding a mask. People are coming at the red door ( "π" sign). It's a treasure map at the bottom.... It's like a map  - you need to find a mask, which is the clown mask. Inatead of hunting for gold they are hunting for a mask." *
*Brianna's and her triplet sister Aileen's words.

Finally going back to the day that I painted this and the two other paintings. 
It was Saturday, September 27, 2014.
My report:

I painted a clown with red cheeks wearing a party hat. At the bottom of the painting I used a paper doily as a stencil. I was going from one painting to the other and painting them almost simultaneously....
with a lot of freedom and lightness while listening to music on Pandora radio.

to be continued

/Malgorzata Kawashima

No comments: